Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oivay!

My apologies for taking so long to put keyboard to screen and write a new entry...life as Jody has been a bit crazy as of late.

As you may recall, I resigned from my position of four and a half years at the tail end of August. In search of new challenges, fresh lessons and space to grow I decided to move from a place I had worked for since I moved to the city. The 3 weeks leading up to my last day were normal work days, nothing out of the ordinary. It was the last day that I will not forget any time soon.

See, the thing is that while I knew it was going to be a difficult day, I had not prepared myself for how emotional I would be. My comrades at the office had become my family. When we first moved to Calgary they were amongst the only people I knew - and they all embraced us with open arms and warm hearts. Beyond this though, because it was such a big part of my life, my job became a good chunk of my identity in this town. I spoke about my work often, taking pride in it and in the people I was so lucky to surround myself with everyday.

So now, as I step out to embrace new challenge I am facing hurdles I did not foresee. All of a sudden I must find out who I am beyond my work - develop that identity that for so long had taken on the focus of my job.

And while this change is exciting - exhilarating almost, it is also scary. I am intimidated by it in a way. As much as part of me would like to turn around and flee back to what was, the rest of me is yearning for what lies ahead.

With gratitude,

Jody

1 comment: