Monday, October 25, 2010

Bitch, bitch, bitch

All right, it's been a while...gawd I gotta get better at doing this more often! And I'm gonna warn you now, I'm extremely upset with Rogers, so this is gonna be a bitch session. Cease reading if you don't care.

So I assumed a phone number recently that I have had for years. My employer assumed the number a while ago to simplify accounting, and when I left I was hoping to take the number with me. Seemed easy enough, I called Rogers asked if it could be done and they said: "no problem." Great, I'm thinking! I told them I didn't know what I was going to do for hardware (I had to leave the Blackberry with the employer) so to put me on their cheapest monthly plan. When asked about data, I responded, "No, I don't have a blackberry, so please just your cheapest plan." All set!

Long story short, Rob's on Telus, so it seemed logical to make the switch so that we could enjoy a discounted family plan. Got the number moved over, snagged a new blackberry...easy peasy!


....until the Rogers bill shows up. They're taking me to the cleaners for $600. I called to ask, and they're telling me there was a contract on the account. When asked why I wasn't informed, and how I can be expected to pay a bill I didn't sign up for (I didn't sign the contract, I wasn't even made aware it existed) I was told to visit the employer and ask him why he didn't notify me. WHAT?! YOU guys want the money from me, YOU guys are going to send me to collections...don't you think YOU guys should let people know these things in advance? I had no clue.

Shame on you Rogers. Train your customer service reps to inform your Clients of the ramifications of assuming a number. SHAME ON YOU.

Thanks Rogers, you guys suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment