Saturday, July 10, 2010

1st Wedding of the Summer in YVR

After 10 hours on the road, in sweltering heat we arrived in Vancouver Thursday afternoon.  Great trip, but smokin hot.

I always find the trip back home somewhat bittersweet.  It's so awesome to see family and friends that we see only too unoften, but it is soo trying for us to fit them all in during our short stays in the Lower Mainland.  Needless to say, every hour during our trips are always accounted for - we struggle always to get everybody in.  In this struggle I've become aware of a few things: those who make the biggest stink about seeing us are always the ones who don't put in the effort to come see us in Calgary....EVER.  It frustrates the hell outta me.  The second, and the better realization: we are blessed to have alot of people in our lives who love us so much.  :) 

Wedding is today.  Poor Rob is going to have to deal with more wedding fever from me, no doubt.  We've been together for 4.5 years and I'm getting antsy.  Is this so bad?  As I'm approaching 30, I really want to get things on the go...I hope that kids are on the way...and poor Rob gets the brunt of it.  Anyways, I'm looking forward to celebrate the love our friends have for eachother. 

Hopefully I can blog later about the wedding...see what ideas are worth keeping for when my turn comes up.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment