Monday, July 19, 2010

The little achievements in life...

I have conquered yet another Monday! I know it seems like such a small, menial thing - but I figure hey! why not celebrate these little things in life? ;)  Mondays can be such a drag...the start of another 5 day string of work before another short burst of 2 days of freedom...or it can be a celebration! I HAVE CONQUERED MONDAY!

On to other things...I'm super nervous about the commencement of Bootcamp tomorrow. I am afraid of being the last man in the pack...the only poor soul who cannot handle the beating that will undoubtedly rain down on us. Oh well, once must start with a step, and a step starts with raising the right foot, placing it down, followed by raising the left foot, and placing it down in front of the right.  One thing at a time.  One bootcamp session at a time.  And so it begins...

I've been pleasantly suprised by the reaction to what I have dubbed my "Social Experiment."  I'm still on the hunt for more stories, referrals and perhaps professional support.  I should maybe comment, in an effort to clear the air: I am not looking for free services, or a charity hand-out...but I am absolutely looking for all the help I can get! I guess I am looking for a partnership - let's team up, share with the world that it can be done! :)  SO, keep those posts coming!

I should be heading to yoga tonight, and maybe I will to one of the later classes...but I think after Stampede, it is time for me to clean up my apartment to better coincide with what I want to happen with the rest of my life.  It is so hard to be grounded and focused when you walk into an untidy home that is in need of a little love and TLC (I'm no hoarder, but I do have 2 cats and this place is in desperate need of a dusting & vacuum!).

Anyways...enough for now! Looking forward to meeting some enthusiastic, exciting new Calgarian faces tomorrow (and eek, a wee bit nervous too!).

With gratitude,

Jody

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting through your Monday! I have troubles with them as well, so I can understand - and yes, it can be good to celebrate the little things to keep yourself motivated :)

    I wish I was joining the bootcamp, but alas, I have found out that I will be working many evenings at work to cover someone elses vacation. Why do I suffer because I have no plans?! lol Don't they know I need my fitness!? But I am sure you will do great and feel awesome! And, if I was there I'd be in the back of the pack as my stamina is lacking.... damn you work, don't you know I need this bootcamp? lol

    Enjoy! And be sure to tell us followers how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete