Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another weekend comes to a close.

So, turns out my will-power and returned focus on healthy eating has paid off: 8lbs in week 1! No need to leave comments on how un-healthy this is - I know this is not normal: more than likely just the mini-donut and beer weight coming off Post-Stampede. My expectations never were this high, and they certainly won't be next week. Still, talk about a wake-up call for how crappy I was eating before!




I managed to catch a hot yoga class on Friday. After Thursday's Bootcamp session I was excited to get a big of a stretch on. Turns out, this would be the most difficult hot yoga class I have ever attended (www.bodhitreeyoga.ca). Sasha led us through an intense spine strengthening practice - much more challenging than any practice I've done before (and I do pride myself on having been through some toughies). Felt great Saturday morning though!



Hit the gym on Saturday after missing Saturday morning yoga. I turned my focus onto posture as per Terri Champagne (www.champagnefitness.com), and as highlighted before, I can suddenly feel muscles working in excercises I didn't know targeted that muscle! ie - shoulders in lateral lunges, abs in bicep curls. It's the craziest thing and has added a huge dimension to my training. For the first time in a week, my workout left me feeling energized, invigorated and...wait for it...NOT SORE! My muscles were fatigued for sure, but 1 day later I can comfortably conquer the stairs - YAY!



So, back into routine again tomorrow. I plan on hitting yoga tomorrow evening, and maybe conning Rob into a bike ride down the river - with the weather as nice as it is in Calgary this time of year, how could you not?!



As always, still looking for your experiences, testimonials and referrals on Calgary personal trainers, fitness instructors and nutritionists!



With gratitude,



Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment