Thursday, July 29, 2010

Beauty in the simplest things

So often I try and con Rob into taking me on somewhat lavish dates: you know, a nice candle-lit dinner out or a night in Banff.  Well, last night Rob took me to a movie.  Not much romantic about that.  But, I so enjoyed it. 

We are fortunate enough to live in one of Calgary's most amazing neighborhoods: Hillhurst: close to the Bow river, close to the train, close to downtown, close to SAIT & UofC, close to hospitals: seriously does it get any better than that?  Well, we've just this year started riding our bikes - and now I love it even more! We hopped on our bikes, rode down the river to Prince's Island Park and the theater at Eau Claire.  How cool is that?  And if that wasn't purely awesome enough, the ride home was spectacular.  The twinkling lights of downtown set a spectacular backdrop, while the unusually quiet Prince's Island was a delight to ride through.  The weather was amazingly warm for 1030 at night, and it was just generally fabulous.

With that, I was reminded to slow down and reflect on how great the simplest things in life can be. 

Life is good - don't lose sight of that!

Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment