Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Everything like Wednesday feels like a downhill ride to Friday - so yay! It's Thursday!

Off to another session of Bootcamp tonight.  Thanks to Tuesday's drills I'm feeling abit like I'm walking around like a 90 year old man...then I caught a view of myself in a window reflection: it's not like a 90 year old man at all, but like I've been riding a horse for a week.  Aye-aye-aye.  I know it'll get easier...until then, I'm using the tub to brace myself as I squat down onto the toilet. EEK!

4 weeks until the next trip to YVR for a wedding, now that's motivation to get my ass in gear: I do have a pretty dress to wear, afterall!  SO, starting today I am following the "Extreme Fat Smash Diet" ...I don't know why they call it "extreme."  It's not like I'll be drinking water, cayenne and honey for 3 days - on the contrary!  Dr. Ian K. Smith wrote this book, and it's based on eating whole, real foods, minimal wheat, minimal dairy and loading up on veggies, lean proteins and fruits. 

His plan involves "3 Cycles" - gradually adding more excercise as we go along (along with more food on days where more excercise is required). 

Cycle 1, Day 1 looks like this:
Breakfast: 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg with 1 cup of fruit or 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed juice
Meal 2: 1 cup of sliced fresh fruit
Meal 3: 1 small salad with 3 tbsp of low fat dressing
Meal 4: 1/2 cup lentils, chickpeas or beans 2 servings veggies
Excercise: at least 60 mins cardio, try to incorporate different excercises (ie walk, bike etc).

SO, it is definitely a cut in calories for me...but I think it's worth a try. The plan is sensible, and requires fresh, healthy foods (no wacky theories here).  I'm hoping having an exact outline on what to eat is going to help me stay on track.  The book also outlines when to eat, and when to excercise to maximize effectiveness.

I'll keep you all posted on how this goes!

Cheers,

Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment