Saturday, July 17, 2010

SOCIAL EXPERIMENT: Time to Clean Up My Act

So as Stampede comes to a close here in Calgary, it becomes glaringly apparent that it is time for me to start cleaning up my eating habits, limit my beer intake and get back into routine.  Sadly, it wasn't because of Stampede that I fell out it - I cannot pinpoint a reason exactly. 

I am scheduled to start up with Champagne Fitness' outdoor bootcamp on Tuesday (http://www.champagnefitness.com/) and I am TERRIFIED: my fitness routine has been almost obsolete except for some bike rides to work and hot yoga.  To think only a year ago when I joined my first summer bootcamp, I was working out at an MMA gym 3-5 times a week and at bootcamp 3 times a week...and it was still a challenge. I can only imagine how difficult this is going to prove.  EEK

Here is what I have realized. I NEED HELP. I desperately need someone on my team to help me stay on track, stay focussed and to help me mark my progress.  I've worked with personal trainer's in the past, but too often they prove only interested in our "paid" meetings once or twice a week, and not really in providing support along the way.  SO, I want to hear your stories. I want to hear about your trainers (good or bad), your nutritionists, your life battles.  Or, if you are a trainer, fitness professional of any type or nutritionist I want to hear from you too.  Consider this an initial interview process.  I'm looking for the help I so desperately need. 

I'm not going to lie, a big issue with my needing help is expense (isn't it all for everybody!), so here's what I have to offer: if we can figure something out (no, I do not expect to employ your services for free, I am much more reasonable than that!), I promise to work my booty off (literally, I hope!) and follow every rule, routine and recommendation you set out for me.  I vow to religiously mark my ups and downs, my trials and triumphs on my blog (yes, I will blog much more regularly than I have been), Twitter and Facebook.  And I promise to tell everybody I know about you.  I am looking to try new activities and new facilities - I want to find out what Calgary has to offer!  This is a social experiment...and I think it has great potential!

So, leave your notes, your thoughts, your ideas - I cannot wait to hear about it!

With gratitude,

Jody

3 comments:

  1. Awesome idea: support from friends certainly helps!
    @Itstara88

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tara! Great idea & let me know what you find out, might want to get in on this and help where I can, but also learn more from others as well. Can never hurt to have a good size support group :)
    @YogiCrystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, together we can conquer the world (...and Mondays! haha). Thanks so much for your kind words - will definitely pass the wealth of knowledge as it heads my way.

    ReplyDelete